Friday 20 June 2014

Wenshy in UK 1 (8-9/06)

Hello guys from THE GREAT BRIT!!!! 
It's my second last day here, and I'm blogging in the car, just before I forget any details or feelings whatsoever, and I've a strong feeling that I'll get lazy back in Singapore. 

So yup, on 8 June, I flew off our little island to London's Heathrow airport. 

A total of 13 hours on the plane. We were "chasing the sun". Sunny outside the entire flight. I caught like 5 shows since I couldn't sleep at all. (Hunger Games, The Great Brit awards, The Delivery Man, Pompeii and the awful Lion Man zzz)


Everything, and I mean EVERYthing, here is expensive. A trip from the airport to the place I'm staying in UK (about 20 stations) is 5.70pounds, more than 10SGD. 

Tired and no make-up me on the train. Look at the weather outside! Super sunny, but it was almost 9pm!

Our accomodation for 4 night in London was the Generator Hostel London, at Russell Squaee Tube Station. 
I was quite skeptical about it when my auntie booked it. However, it's actually quite okay! We had a private room of 2 double decker beds since there were 4 of us. There are also a room with like 20 beds where you'll be sleeping with strangers haha. The only thing about the hostel is that the toilet is outside, BUT still very new and clean :) (and it's not cheap either...) 

Haha my poor cousin doing her Kumon whole my uncle lepak with his laptop. 

Since we reached only about 9pm, we had an early night and started our next day early! 

I woke up at 3am (about 10am in SG) for the first 2-3 mornings haha. By 4am, the sun will already be out. 

The first day, we decided to "conquer" London - to visit all the "must-sees". 

We bought a day pass which allows us to hop on and off the tube and all the buses, public transport and walking around are definitely the best and easiest ways to travel around the city. 



On our way, we spotted the red telephone booth! 



1) Trafalgar Square 







2) St. James' Park & Buckingham Palace

Just a short walk from Trafalgar Square

Entrance to the palace

On the way to the palace is St James' Park


Loads of wild squirrels running around! Super cute! They even come up close to us :) 
*sniffs curiously* taken without zoom


Loads of birds too - ducks, swan etcetc. 

Finally, a glimpse of the palace 


Some police/guards patrolling on horses haha


The queen's palace!



We didn't wait for the changing of the guards cause it was really hot under the afternoon sun plus it was super crowded. 

However, we saw these guards practicing for something haha


And even manage to take a pic with one of them! His act serious face LOL. I was asking him stuff just a second ago and he was smiling and all

3) Big Ben
It's a 15 minute walk from the palace. 


It was quite gloomy, not much sun. 



If I remember correctly, the clock rings every 15 minutes. Quite cool seeing it in real life, minus the bad weather for photo taking. 

4) The London Eye
Just opposite the Big Ben, across River Thames I think. 


Quite a pretty view except the gloomy sky. 

Finally, we had lunch. Tired from so much walking (even more afterwards -_-)

A must have in every country I visit, my ultimate favourite MCDONALDS!!!

I wanted to try their Big Mac but we had some Louisiana chicken burger. 

We tried taking the red London bus haha, off to our next must-see!

5) St. Paul's Cathedral
At this time, I was in a food coma LOL. Sleepy and tired from all the walking. 




We didn't really go in cause it was kinda crowded. At this point, I realised something these British love doing - dapao food and lying/sitting on the grass UNDER THE BLOODY SUN. All of them do that. 

Finally left the cathedral, spotted this backdrop thingy opposite. 

6) London Bridge
How can you go London and not see 'London bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down~' 
LOLJK, a lot of people think that the London bridge is the one a lot of dramas film at (eg the hk drama 冲上云霄). 

Actually...........

THIS is THE London bridge. Boring boring plain plain. 


It's not the first London bridge I think. If I'm not wrong, they actually gave their London bridge to some country as a gift. then rebuilt this. No idea why would you want a bridge as a gift anyway -_-

7) Tower Bridge 

See that pretty thing in the distance?



TA-DAAAAAAA


It's quite pretty (and a bloody far walk actually) actually. I was a bit tired at that point so didn't really take closer pics when I was on it. My uncle got a really good shot of it but I paiseh to ask him send me LOL 

8) Harrods
What I was most looking forward to that day :)


It's actually prettier at night, the whole building will light up.... 

Something like that haha, got this image off google 



Last stop of the day, DINNER!
Original plan was to have dinner near Hyde Park, then go stroll in the park. However it was drizzling so we went back right after dinner. 

We had authentic Italian food 

Dim lights, Italian interior, Italian servers and chefs I believe. 
'Bon appetit!' LOL I remember the guy and his accent. 

We had their homemade bolognise, something like seafood Aglio olio and I can't remember what pizza. Yummmmmmms, winner of this meal is definitely the home made bolognise. 

That's the end of my first day here, hope I'll have the determination to complete the rest *shudders*. 

On the other hand, it's my last..... 12 hours here haha. I want to go back but don't want to go back either :( 

No comments:

Post a Comment